Thursday, April 13, 2017

Mayonnaise performs hit 'Kathryn' in front of Kathryn

ABS-CBN News
Posted at Apr 13 2017 09:23 AM

MANILA -- It was a night to remember for the band Mayonnaise as they were able to perform their hit "Kathryn" in front of the song's inspiration, actress Kathryn Bernardo at "One Music Live: Summer Jam" last Tuesday.

In a report posted on One Music PH, band's vocalist Monty Macalino said he was happy to perform the song in the presence of Bernardo, who was with actor Daniel Padilla.

"With 'Kathryn,' I wrote the song out of my admiration for Kathryn as an artist and as an actress, and in a way I was able to integrate that with my personal life. But I know that Kathryn belongs to DJ. And I belong to a [woman named] Ly, so it’s not reality. My admiration for a celebrity has its boundaries. So, I’m just really happy that we’re able to perform the song in front of Kathryn,” Macalino said.

Macalino said "Kathryn" was a tribute for Bernardo, a "love song for someone who I don’t know but admire."

Composed of Macalino, Shan Regalado, Carlo Servano, Nikki Tirona and Maan Furio, "Mayonnaise" is behind the hits "Salamin" and "Jopay."

Bernardo meanwhile headlines Star Cinema movie "Can't Help Falling In Love" with Padilla.

Directed by Mae Cruz-Alviar, the romantic-comedy film will hit cinemas nationwide on April 15.

not mine.credit and source: ABS-CBN

No comments:

Post a Comment