Powered By Blogger

Sunday, October 16, 2016

Director James Gray on Keeping Up with Brad Pitt After Divorce News: ‘I’ve Got Nothing But Love for That Guy’

BY BLAKE BAKKILA
POSTED ON OCTOBER 16, 2016 AT 10:48AM EDT

One person who was notably absent at the world premiere of James Gray’s highly anticipated film The Lost City of Z was the movie’s producer, Brad Pitt.

Gray tells PEOPLE that he has kept in contact with Pitt in the weeks since Angelina Jolie filed for divorce after about two years of marriage and 12 years together.

“I’ve exchanged a lot of emails with him,” he said at the New York Film Festival premiere at Lincoln Center. “I love him to death. I’ve been here, obviously, not there. I’ll see him soon. He is the greatest guy.”

Pitt, 52, was originally supposed to take the lead role in the film, but his reps confirmed to Entertainment Weekly in 2010 that he could not participate due to scheduling conflicts. He did, however, stay on with his production company Plan B, and Gray said the film would not have been possible without his friend and colleague.

“I owe him a huge debt,” he said. “He was the one who sent the book to me and he’s the one who’s stuck by me for many, many years. And I’ve got nothing but love for that guy.”

Based David Grann’s biography The Lost City of Z, Gray’s film adaptation follows the story of Col. Percy Fawcett (Charlie Hunnam), a British explorer who disappeared in the Amazon while trying to locate a mysterious, hidden city. Siena Miller, Robert Pattinson and Tom Holland are just a few of the other celebrities in the film.

not mine.credit and source: PEOPLE

No comments:

Post a Comment