Total time: 10 mins
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup butter OR margarine OR canola oil OR vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup milk OR evaporated milk OR prepared powdered milk OR soy milk OR water
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter (creamy or crunchy; optional)
- 1 1/2 cups oatmeal (instant or quick cooking are best, but you can use Old Fashioned) OR corn flakes OR Rice Krispies OR similar cereal
- Mix all ingredients EXCEPT oatmeal in saucepan.
- Bring to boil, stirring constantly.
- Boil 3 minutes.
- Remove from fire and stir in oatmeal.
- For “cookies” – drop onto waxed paper or aluminum foil coated with Pam.
- For “bars” – line a pan (I use an 7” frying pan) with aluminum foil and spray with cooking spray. Put mixture into the pan and press it down. Cut into bars when cool.
- You can eat them as soon as they’re cool enough to handle!
For a special treat: Break into smaller pieces and sprinkle over sweetened yogurt or sweetened frozen yogurt.
This recipe is part of The Boat Galley Cookbook.
not mine.credit and owner: THE BOAT GALLERY