- 3/4 of 250-gram block of butter
- 3/4 cup or 225 grams castor sugar
- 1 cup or 125 grams plain flour
- 1 can (170 gram) Nestle cream
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Sift the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and baking soda together.
- Put butter, sugar, Nestle cream and vanilla essence into a small pot and stir over low heat until butter is melted and sugar dissolved. Let the mixture cool for a while.
- Use a small whisk and beat the eggs for about 5 minutes until they thicken and increase in volume. pour beaten eggs into the slightly cooled mixture in (2) and mix well.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients in (1) into the combined mixture in (3). Stir and mix well.
- Pour the cake mixture into a baking tin lined with grease- proof paper. cover the top loosely with a piece of aluminum foil.
- Prepare to steam the cake. You can use a wok or an electric steamer. Heat up the water and steam the cake mixture for 35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Enjoy your delicious steamed chocolate cake!
not mine.credit and source: WIKIHOW